We are reaching out to the community and reminding local residents, businesses and foundations that your contributions are at the core of our success.
In keeping with our mission to raise money for the repairs and expansion of the Pound Ridge Library, a building renewal project, under consideration since 2000, is moving forward to make the wish for more space for children and teen programs, books, increased Internet and research facilities, and staff workspace a reality.
With the approval of renovation and expansion plans, the Foundation Board launched a Capital Improvement Campaign in 2006 with the goal of raising $3 million to fund the renovation of existing facilities as well as the construction of a 4000 square foot addition. To date $865,000 has been raised.
Because this is a long term project, your Library District Board of Trustees actively reviews the plans to insure they meet the anticipated needs of future generations. The Board currently has appointed an Expansion Committee to fulfill this objective.
The Board is redoubling efforts to keep our much needed growth plans on track. We encourage all who live and work in the Pound Ridge, as well as individuals, families and organizations who believe in the essential roll of community libraries, to take an active roll in supporting this vital development that will enrich the lives of all who live in Pound Ridge.
Your donation will make a difference.
2012 Plans for Pound Ridge Library
- Maintain hours of operation
- Maintain collection development in key areas
- Increase adult music programming
- Expand programs & services for Teens & Seniors
- Continue the “in demand” music program for preschoolers
- Increase Technology workshops for public
- Expand free museum pass kit program
- Continue innovative programming with community organizations
- Expand cooperative programming with PRES
- Continue cooperative services/planning with N2N